Two left feet? Afraid you’ll just “clutch and sway”? Amy will help you make your first dance and your wedding day the most memorable day of your lives. Our instructors have choreographed hundreds of wedding dances for the timeless romantics to the action-packed showstoppers. Amy wants you to look and feel comfortable, confident and natural on the dance floor. No previous dance experience required!
Wedding Dance Services
- Wedding Consultation – A 30 minute consultation to discuss goals and ideas for the dance of your dreams!! Includes a lesson on ballroom basics and a dance evaluation.
- Discounted Packages – to help preparation be as affordable as possible.
- Original Choreography – Romantic, fun, classy, exciting, goofy, entertaining…you set the bar and we will do the rest!
- Dance Floor Etiquette – How to look natural yet professional from the very first moment you step onto the dance floor.
- Lessons for the family – Mother/Son, Father/Daughter AND EVEN Maid of Honor/Best Man Dance!
- Flashmobs! You know you’ve always wanted to have one.
- Dance Performances by Amy and her pros! Check out our performance page!
- Helping you create an original and memorable First Dance!
My fiancee and I want to learn a dance for our wedding reception. Which dance style should we learn for our first dance together?
Your first dance as husband and wife is a special event that will be remembered for many years. The type of dancing you choose to perform should reflect the feelings that you share, and possibly a song that is meaningful to you as a couple. Of course, your dance style will also depend on how much time you are willing to devote to practicing.
The foxtrot is one of the most common dances learned by wedding couples, as it is easy to learn and works well with slow love songs and ballads. The traditional waltz is another favorite and is more formal than the foxtrot. Swing dancing
is much more relaxed and casual, a favorite among active and flirty couples. Swing is also easy to learn in a short amount of time.
If you are looking for something a little more sophisticated, consider the salsa, rumba, and cha cha. These are latin dances that are fun and great to know, but require much more time to learn. Whichever dance style you choose for your special day, remember that it is ultimately a special time meant to be shared by the two of you.
Schedule a wedding consultation today!
Meet with your first dance instructor to discuss your first dance plans. Includes a short intro to ballroom lesson!
Tell us your date and time preference on our contact page.